Created with flickr badge.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Dot by Peter Reynolds

The Dot by Peter Reynolds
Fiction


It is about a girl named Vashti who is having a hard time deciding what to draw in art class and is feeling frustrated! Her teacher helps her get started. She helps the little girl realize that she just needed to start. The teacher helps build her confidence.
My favorite character was the teacher. She was so positive with Vashti that the little girl realized she really could draw. I liked the part where Vashti talks to the boy about drawing and does exactly what her teacher did for her. Vashti learned and taught us to never give up because nothing is impossible.
You should read this book because it helps you to see how important it is to try! This book makes me think about when I was in school and felt like I could not do something and then realized I could when I tried my best! We loved the illustrations, especially when the teacher had Vashti put a dot on the page and sign the bottom.

Recommended by Mr. Stewert’s Class and Mrs. Warman

No comments: