Created with flickr badge.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The One and Only Ivan By Katherine Applegate

The One and Only Ivan By Katherine Applegate

Non-Fiction  5 Stars

"I am Ivan. I am a gorilla. It's not as easy as it looks."
This book is about Ivan, the silverback gorilla and how he begins to question his life in the Exit 8 Big Top Mall. What does a gorilla do in a mall? Is there another life besides sitting behind a glass cage with the world on the other side?
"At times like that, I wish humans could understand me the way I can understand them."
My favorite character is Ivan. No matter what circumstance he is in, he always finds...hope. He understands the true meaning of friendship and love.  The best part was when a new friend arrived at the Exit 8 Big Top Mall. This friend brought hope to a group of loving characters.
You should read this book because it will make you laugh at funny friendships, smile at heartwarming reunions, and cry of joy for humans and gorillas alike! This book reminds me of all of my students and what great human beings they are growing into. Young men and women full of hope, love, and joy!

                                                           Recommended by Mr. Hartley

Check out more about this true story at: http://theoneandonlyivan.com/


No comments: