Created with flickr badge.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Capture the Flag by Kate Messner

Fiction 4 Stars

     Capture the flag is about when the American flag that inspired the Star Spangled Banner to be written was stolen and three strangers who become  friends named Jose, Anna, and Henry team up to find the American flag.  
     My favorite character in Capture the Flag is Anna because she is adventurous and I think she's a leader.  My favorite part of Capture the Flag was when Jose, Henry, and Anna were in the baggage room at the airport and they got lost and being chased.  
      I think other people should read this book because it has a lot of adventure and mystery in it.  This book makes me think about art thieves in real life and I wonder if there's a society that protects famous art pieces like in the book. Read to find out who the flag thief is, you might be surprised!  
                                                    Recommended by Emily 5th Grade

                                      Check out Kate's website at: http://www.katemessner.com/


2 comments:

TFredde said...

Emily I read this book as well and was intrigued by the idea of the secret society that protects art as well. It kind of reminded me of the movie National Treasure. The characters are very well written and I think most kids your age would enjoy this book. Thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, I love the review. I thought you might like reading about a real art heist. http://www.gardnermuseum.org/resources/theft
Kate Messner