Created with flickr badge.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Art of Miss Chew by Patricia Polacco

5 Stars 
Fiction

First this book is about Trisha and her teacher Mr. Donovan. Trisha likes Mr. Donovan as a teacher a lot. Mr. Donovan has to go the office and when he comes back he says my dad died today. Then the whole class gets up from their chairs and hugs him. Mr. Donovan has to leave for Ireland the next day, so the class has a substitute. The substitute does not give Trisha more time to finish a test she was having trouble with and tells her she needs to spend more time studying and not doing art. However her art teacher Miss Chew and Trisha disagree.
  My favorite character is Trisha because I never seem to pass tests like Trisha. I like the part when Mr. Donovan comes back from Ireland. This book will make you happy in the end and you will feel like you have to read it again. It reminds me a lot of myself. Read to find out what happens with Trisha, the substitute, Mr. Donovan, Miss Chew.

                                                  Recommended by Ella 3rd Grade

No comments: